Thursday, January 17, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY CAM CAM

Today is Cameron's 23rd birthday!  I cannot believe he's 23....It seems like just yesterday, I was pushing to deliver him and then holding in my arms looking at his beautiful newborn face.  I love this kid so much!  He has been thru so much due to my being so young when I had him but he has not let that stop him from moving on with his life and working hard on his dream to be a known hardcore singer/screamer!  I know I posted his new single on facebook but I didn't post what the lyrics to his song are about. 

Cameron went thru years of hell with his Step-mom.  At first Michelle was good with him but once she had her first child of her own.......that all changed.  She ended up having four more kids and she treated Cameron completely different than her own kids.  She emotionally abused my poor son for years by comparing him to her kids and doing countless and countless things to make him feel unworthy and unlovable.  She constanly put him down and would call him names and make her own kids treat him the same way.  It had gotten so bad that for years he hated his own sister because he resented her for how Michelle compared them and treated him like he was beneath her.  I am happy to say tho that now that Carmen is 18 and they have both talked about what Michelle did, he and his sister are very close.

To outside people,  Michelle would pretend to be an awesome step-mom but it was all fake and Cam knew it, I knew it and hell even her own sister's knew it.  But many many people (in my own family) fell for it.  This caused some major fighting to go on between Michelle and I for years.  I saw what she was doing to my child but because it wasn't physical, I couldn't do anything about it.  I blame his father for allowing this to happen.  You do not ever let someone mistreat your child and he did. 

Anyway, later on when Cam was a teenager, Michelle admitted to mistreating Cameron because she was resentful of me and that he was a constant reminder of J's past relationship with me.  So, in other words, my poor son was emotionally abused because of her insecurity.   This breaks my heart and makes me rage with anger all at the same time. 

Cam and I have had many talks about this and the anger and hatred he has toward this woman is unbelievable.  I do tell him tho that he needs to take that anger and channel into something positive and that's exactly what he is doing.  His first song is about the hell he went thru with his step-mom.  The lyrics are heartbreaking for me to listen to and everytime I hear the song I cry. 

I apologized to Cameron for everything he has gone thru due to my having him so young and his response to me was "Mom, stop it, I couldn't have asked for a better mom."  This made me so happy to hear.  This boy is my world and I would hate it if he thought I didn't do a good job as his mama.  I will post the lyrics to his song in another post and if I can figure out how, I will also post his song.  Please support him on Facebook by liking his band page if you haven't already.  The name is For My Lasting Triumph.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAM CAM!

13 comments:

Char said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

That's so sweet what he said about you. :) I'm glad he is channeling his anger and doing something positive with it. Lots of kids don't go that route and it's very sad. I'm glad he and his sister are close now. Her name is very similar to Cam's name I had to read it twice until I was like, OH, it's Carmen. Duh!

Unknown said...

I know Char, the docs offices would mix up their charts all of the time because their names and dates of birth are sooo similar. Cameron 1/17/90 Carmen 1/10/95

Unknown said...

Hey Char, I am not invited to your blog. I have the correct link now but it says I'm not invited :(

Cheryl said...

HAHA charity doesn't want you reading her blog!! I think you did an amazing job with Cam considering how young you were and what YOU went through as a child/ young adult!

Char said...

what email do i send the invite too? it may be under your old email.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Shutty about Char's blog Cher and thank you for the compliment about Cam....I certainly tried my best!

Char said...

haha...... funny guys!

okay, i sent an invite.

Unknown said...

crystaldeefreeze@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I posted the wrong address lol send it to the one above please lol sorry crystaldeefreeze@gmail.com

Char said...

well, crap cry, which one is it????!!!! haha. I'll send another one.

Unknown said...

Yay it worked

Carrie said...

Good for Cameron for channeling his anger. He has been through a lot...more than most kids his age.