Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MY JOB

I work for a Company called Custom Distributors.  It’s a family owned Appliance Store.  We sell Kitchen Appliances and washers and dryers.  Most of our business comes from Builders, remodelers and kitchen designers but we are also open to the public and have great competitive pricing. 

We are different from a retail store like Lowes, or Home Depot or other places who sell appliances.  We recommend people make an appointment when coming in to look at Appliances if they are going to want to talk to a salesperson and get pricing and lots of info about the particular appliance.  The reason we recommend appointment is because if someone comes in who is building and needs to look at a full kitchen of appliances, those appointments can last up to 2-3 hours and we only have 3 salespeople on hand so even tho walk in’s are welcome, a lot of times people who just walk in are taking the risk of not getting helped.  This sometimes causes an issue with people at times but it states clearly on our door and on our website to call for an appointment.  Its not that we don’t welcome people without appointments, its just that we may not have anyone available to assist you and to give you pricing if you don’t have an appointment. 

My job is the Front Desk.  I am the Showroom Coordinator.  I welcome customers, offer them bottled water or soda, I take their information and then get a salesperson to assist them.  I also have other computer work that I do and I enter orders for the sales people, I pull specs and just assist the sales people in any way I can.  I like my job however, it can be a bit boring at times but at my age, I like boring lol  I don’t think I could do this job when I was in my 20’s, I had way too much energy back then.   This job is perfect for me because its super easy and its literally a 3 min drive for me.  I work from 9am to 5pm and I am on a rotating Saturday schedule, usually being scheduled to work 1-2 Saturday’s a month but because my weekends are so important to me a lot of the time, my Saturday’s are taken from the other 2 girls who work on the rotation because they want the overtime and I gladly give up my Saturday’s to them.

We also offer cooking classes twice a month.  We have a Chef (Chef Kathy) who plans a menu and cooks for these classes.  The classes are held two Wednesday evenings a month and it includes and entrée, side dish and desert plus wine is flowing the whole time.  You get all of this for $35 bucks which I think is a great deal.  The people who take the class always have such a fun time. 

One of my responsibilities is to type up all the recipes and menus for Chef Kathy, update the website with all the class dates and keep track of people who sign up for a class.  If any of you who live locally, are ever interested in a class, just let me know.  Our website is customdistributors.com and if you ever need appliances, let me know because we have great prices and we have a Closeout Center with even better pricing!  So, I hope this post wasn’t too boring but I wanted to explain to you all what I do at my job!  Until next time ladies J

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a great job. We are actually remodeling apartments, I am not sure if we need new appliances but if we do I will remember you.

Char said...

It does sound like a good, calm job. Plus it sounds like the times are pretty strict and good - 9 to 5, done for the day, go home. :)
The cooking classes sound neat!

Unknown said...

Cher - you own apartments?

Mrs. Pancost said...

This is so awesome! I love that family owned appliance stores still exist - because that is what my dad did when I was growing up. My grandparents started it, and he took it over when I was little. He had to close my senior year of high school, because everyone shopped at the big chain stores.

I remember when I was about 10 that my dad would host the cooking seminars, and it was always a reward for me to be allowed to go with him and "assist."

Carrie said...

Your job sounds nice and without stress!! We bought new appliances when we moved from hhgregg....if I would've known we would've checked out your place. Maybe if something comes up and we need something, I will keep you in mind!

Char said...

Posty, Post Post!!! Readie posts, posts!