Friday, January 18, 2013

MY DIET PLAN


Ok, just like my exercise routine, I have also created my own diet.  I have researched and researched several diets and what I have done is pulled things from a handful of diets and created one that suits me.

I knew I had to add more protein to my diet.  Since I am doing cardio and strength training exercises, I needed a lot of protein to help me gain muscle mass.   The more strength training you do, using weights, the more muscle you build and more calories you burn.  Doing only cardio, is not enough.  Plus, I didn’t only want to lose weight, I also wanted to be stronger and more fit.

I stay on a 1500 calorie diet, but since I exercise so much, I require more calories.  I use the phone app myfitnesspal to guage my calorie intake and exercise so I can keep them in balance.

My daily diet plan is as follows:

Breakfast – 1 banana, 1 Greek yogurt, 10 almonds, a hard boiled egg and a cup of all natural unsweetened hot green tea.

Bottled water all day until dinner

Snack – unbuttered, seasalted popcorn, bottled water

Lunch – always soup and salad or just a great big salad and a bottled water.

Snack – apple, lowfat pretzels, or hard boiled egg bottled water

Dinner – normal dinner just using portion control, and I have a glass of my favorite lemon-berry Hawaiian punch (70 calories)

Weekends – I eat whatever I want in moderation and portion control and continue my exercise.

One weakness I could not give up, and I save calories for is my glass of wine every single night before I go to sleep.  It unwinds me and relaxes me and allows me to stay asleep once I fall to sleep.  If I don’t drink my glass of wine, I will wake up every 2 hours all night long.  I love my wine.

The supplements that I take to help with weightloss are:

Green tea capsules (a lot of health benefits plus great for metabolism and I also drink green tea everyday)
Isol Iodine drops (great for a lot of health benefits and mostly thyroid function)
  
One thing that I do not crave is sweets.  I used to love cookies and candy and chocolate.  For some reason I don’t anymore.  My weaknesses are appetizer foods and dips, hot wings, and queso dip, and pizza dip and dipping everything into ranch dressing or garlic butter.  Also pasta.  I love Ramen noodles and other pastas.  I only let myself have pasta once a week. 

And I do crave chocolate at a certain time each month and for this craving I always have bar of DARK chocolate around.  This is a better chocolate to eat if you must have chocolate. 

So, there you have it.  This is the diet plan I have been following since July and so far its working great for me.  One thing I have learned is that not every diet is good for everyone.  Everyone’s bodies are different and respond differently to things.  You have to do what best suits your lifestyle and your body style. 

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I would die without chocolate!

Carrie said...

That is a very good thought out diet plan.

Amanda said...

You can tell you have really done your research. I don't like hardboiled eggs, but I have discovered a microwave scrambled egg that is fantastic. I have been trying to do more water and give up diet coke. It is HARD!!!

Unknown said...

I gave up soda years ago....I will drink one every once in a blue moon but not often and I don't drink anything with artificial sweetener....those chemicals are straight poison